Considering to have your dryer vent cleaned? If so, that’s probably definitely a good idea. You probably have questions that need answering regarding this. Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up the most commonly asked questions about dryer vent cleaning on the internet. Read on and you’ll find everything you need to know as we answer the internet’s burning question regarding dryer vent cleaning services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What does a dryer vent cleaning company do?
A dryer vent cleaning company provides cleaning, maintenance and sometimes even repair services for clothes dryers and dryer vents. These companies are knowledgeable and skilled in cleaning all types and models of clothes dryers. To get a little more technical, it’s also part of their job to use an anemometer to test the airflow and temperature of your clothes dryer. This is done before and after the dryer and vent are cleaned. By doing so, they can tell if the appliance is running with proper airflow and ventilation.
Question 2: Why is it necessary to clean the dryer vents?
- It is necessary to have your dryer vent inspected and cleaned for a number of reasons:
- To assess whether there are risks and hazards involving the dryer vent present in your home.
- To reduce these hazards and risks if any are present.
- To keep your clothes dryer running efficiently.
- To prevent dryer fires due to clothes dryer overheating and lint-buildup.
- To minimize lint-build up inside the clothes dryer and vent.
- To ensure that the dryer vent parts are code compliant.
- To do repairs and parts replacement when necessary.
Question 3: How is dryer vent cleaning done?
Dryer vent cleaners use tools and equipment for cleaning and replacing your clothes dryer, ensuring efficient dryer cleaning and maintenance. Generally, a spinning brush with a long extendable handle is used to brush the lint off of the vent. A powerful vacuum is used to suck out the loose lint. The clothes dryer itself is opened up to clean lint from inside the dryer chassis.
Question 4: How often should the dryer vent be cleaned?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), dryer vent inspections and cleaning should be done at least every year. This keeps your home safe from the hazards of a dangerous clothes dryer fire. In addition to that, it keeps your appliance running smoothly and efficiently. As a result, you’ll be safe from the excess costs of an energy bill from a faulty clothes dryer.