- After each use, clean the lint dryer filter to prevent lint and dust build-up.
- While the dryer is operating check to see if drying time is taking longer than usual, this may be a sign of a blocked lint screen or exhaust duct.
- After purchasing a new dryer call a professional to provide dryer installation.
- Make sure that the air exhaust vent pipe and the outdoor flap is unrestricted.
- To remove exhaust blockage, disconnect exhaust duct from dryer but remember to reconnect ducting before using the dryer again.
- Have the inside of the dryer chassis cleaned by a professional specializing in dryer vent cleaning services.
- If you have doubts that your dryer isn’t running safely or properly, have a professional check the dryer’s equipment to avoid issues with lack of maintenance and parts failure.
- Use only venting materials that are rigid and flexible to avoid faulty airflow and sustain the proper length of drying time.
- Operate clothes dryer with a missing lint filter.
- Attempt to clean the interior of the dryer chassis on your own, you need a qualified service person with the right tools to do the job.
- Plug the dryer into the wrong outlet for its electric needs.
- Place combustibles around dryer area.
- Leave your dryer running when you are not around.
- After drying, do not leave clothes soiled with combustible chemicals in the dryer to keep them from igniting.
- Dry clothes that weigh more than the dryer’s capacity all at once to reduce fire hazard due to leaks and broken parts.
- If a fire occurs, do not leave nearby doors open to reduce oxygen supply and keep the fire from worsening.
Along with the convenience of having a clothes dryer comes the responsibility to follow up with proper maintenance, repair, and cleaning. These services aren’t just for your home and family’s protection, it’s also economically practical! If you want to save money, avoid costly damages by acquiring services from experienced professionals. If you are from the San Diego area and are needing any of these dryer vent services, visit our homepage for more information or call (619) 736-3281 to reach Dryer Vent Professionals of San Diego. Contact us today!